Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Baby's Got Pork



 

This week I am working on the road.  I will be traveling for work for the next couple weeks.  So the graphics are not really what I would like them to be.  We are still going to continue our Pork Recipe Series nonetheless.  How many times you think about pork, beef, chicken and end up coming back to the tastiest meat of them all, pork?  I know I have.  People in Iowa got it right, they buy half a pig or the whole pig; that's what my Iowa colleague said and I am sticking to it.   I LOVE PORK!  I could only wish I could have it more often, specially now that I am on the road.


People go through life seeking acceptance, love and so many other things.  I say, "you only live once, and if you are starving yourself or not eating what you really like, you are never going to be happy or make anyone happy."


Now, let us talk about food, my favorite subject.  This week, I have another favorite pork recipe.  Berry Cherry Chops and Wassabi Mash.  All you need to do is  put on your cooking apron and let me talk you through the easy instructions. So, let us cook, eat and be happy.  That is what life is about, happiness.  I hope you are ready for this treat!  


For the pork chops you will need:


6 center cut 1/2 to 1 inch thick pork chops  (it is all up to you)

 salt and pepper to taste

2 crushed garlic cloves

your favorite seedless berry jam

1/2 cup sherry cooking wine

3 tbs olive oil  

1 cup of chopped fennel prongs

1/2 small chopped red onion

1 stainless steel saucepan


Trim the fat from the pork chops and rub them with salt, pepper and garlic.  Let the meat sit in the refrigerator for a couple of hours prior to cooking.


Pour the olive oil in a large saucepan 

Add the pork chops and cook on medium heat until no longer pink for approximately 10-12 minutes

Remove the pork chops from saucepan and place in a dish

Add to the saucepan sherry cooking wine, jam, fennel, onions and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often and scraping the bottom of the saucepan to remove all the flavor from the bottom of the pan.

Once the onions are clear in color, add the pork chops back to the saucepan and cover for approximately 10-15 minutes in medium heat


For the Wassabi Mash you will need:

3 lbs of red potatoes

Approximately 1/2 cup of whipping cream or low fat whipping cream

Wassabi paste to taste (now, you have to watch it, Wassabi is hot) 

all the butter you want; I normally do not measure it, I just use it as I see it fits :) 

salt and pepper to taste


Wash the potatoes and cubed them with skin

Boil until tender, use fork to carefully check for softness

Carefully pour the water out of the pot using pot holders and a colander; safety 1st

Place the potatoes in a deep dish

Pour the whipping cream, butter, salt and pepper and begin mashing 

Add Wassabi paste to your desired taste of hotness 

Stir well and enjoy!


Live, Love, Eat and for your Deity's sake; be Happy,


Carla E


No comments:

Post a Comment